Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Deep Fat. So the name... yes, fried food = deliciousness, but no one would read a blog solely about french fries, chicken, twinkies and other such tasty eats. Nope, the origin of the name Deep Fat is known to only two people: one guy who needs to dig up those tapes out of his garage and mail them to me, and another guy who once enjoyed the nickname "Fag keyboard player."

I used to (still) reside over at 1.21 Gigawatts, and decided to start DF as an outlet for some of my ideas, favorite songs, opinions, etc, that don't fit the mold of Gigawatts.

You won't find regular features here, or even regular postings. Subject matter will run the gamut from totally jejune to straight up gelastic. So stick around, comment, enjoy the songs I post. Yada.

Comments on "Welcome"

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger