Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Hits Don't Stop

With the exception of the Jack White EP, all of this stuff is new or pre-new, so be sure to give it a listen. The one song I've heard from the new Prefuse 73 disc sounds like a return to form after a couple of sub-par (in my opinion) recent outings. Beirut should be an interesting listen at all, for anyone who loved the more developed full-band sound on the recent Lon Gisland EP.

I also posted the new Common, as I figure some of you folks might be interested in hearing that. I just can't get over the fact that Common refers to himself as a "socially-conscious love artist." I mean jesus, talk about over-indulgent self-awareness. Where do people come up with shit like this?

Beirut: The Flying Club Cup
Jack White: Cold Mountain EP
Liars: self-titled (2007)
Prefuse 73: Preperations
Common: Finding Forever
Los Campesinos: Sticking Fingers Into Sockets EP

Labels: ,

Comments on "The Hits Don't Stop"

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger