Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mo Money, Le$$ Problem$

In case those who know me didn't hear, I started my new job last Thursday. My title here is Junior Associate Producer -- meaning I help produce travel deals -- which basically means I find, gather, research, analyze, negotiatiate, write up, publish and track the success of new deals every week for inclusion in the Top 20 Newsletter and on the website. Big shout out and thanks to Andrew over at Artemenko.org for putting in a good word and jumpstarting the hiring process.

My office is on the 32nd floor of the building at 200 South Wacker (right), which is across the street from the Sears Tower. The lobby of our office area has totally funky geometric designs with neon colors hanging on the walls. It looks like the kind of thing that might have appeared in the Saved by the Bell logo, or perhaps on a Trapper Keeper. Here's a picture of the lobby, though you can't see the neo-geo-prisms, as I have taken to calling them. I am convinced that they have been hanging on the wall since the building opened in 1981.

My desk is situation right next to two windows in a corner office. I have a 180-degree view of the entire south side, lake Michigan, the Chicago river, some smokestacks in Gary, and around the time of the Chicago Air Show, lots of funky military planes. You are jealous. I will post a picture of this view soon.

Comments on "Mo Money, Le$$ Problem$"

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger