Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Vista Views

Click over here to have a look at Windows Vista, the upcoming, and long overdue Windows upgrade to be officially released later this year. The Beta software is out and we can finally get a look at the new interface.

No doubt, Windows XP was starting to look like a beat 1994 Ford Taurus. On the contrary I think Vista is a pretty damn attractive OS, and it's interesting that they're using the hi-gloss look to position themselves against Mac's more matted brushed silvery thing. Not sure which I like better, but Windows has my attention again.

Even more, I've been thinking about making the switch back to PC for my next computer, as most of my faith in Apple products has weaned. My 4th-gen iPod randomly kicked the bucket 16 months out of the box, not to mention that was a replacement for the first one. I'm thankful at least one repair was covered under warrenty. Then, Alison's iPod bit it the same way about a month ago. Then I dropped my laptop a mere 12 inches from the ground at which point the hard drive decided it would allow access to any piece of software except iTunes. Except for iTunes! Now more than ever I realize that computers are just glorified jukeboxes. Not mine though. Not any more.

Comments on "Vista Views"

 

Blogger haahnster said ... (6/30/2006 3:59 PM) : 

Dude, you're falling down on the job when it comes to the "Friday lists".

No offense, I'm just sayin'.

 

Blogger Middle Name: Stanley said ... (7/02/2006 8:29 AM) : 

I've been spending A GREAT DEAL of time cleaning PCs of illness lately. Just food for thought.

P.S. I swapped my factory Toshiba hard drive for a Hitachi. MAJOR difference. I can barely tell the thing is running anymore. Apple needs to drop Toshiba. Vista looks nice, however.

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger