Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Roundup

Here's a quick roundup of some good albums posted elsewhere, including new and upcoming release from Modest Mouse, Panda Bear and Arctic Monkeys. I tell ya... not a huge fan of that first Arctic Monkeys disc, but this new one is rockin' as shit.

RegnYouth:
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
Frank Zappa - Lather
Panda Bear - Person Pitch***

Serenity Now:
Arctic Monkeys - My Favourite Worst Nightmare ***
Belle & Sebastian -- Push Barman...
Bright Eyes - Cassadega

An Aquarian Exposed:
Ghostface - Supreme Clientele***
Clipse - We Got it For Cheap vol. 2
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World

***Recommended!

Comments on "Roundup"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/11/2007 2:34 PM) : 

So wait, if I am a big fan of the first Arctic Monkeys disc, how will I feel about the new one...? Probably pretty good. I better get to downloading...

 

Blogger Mike H. said ... (4/11/2007 8:03 PM) : 

Rob -- first off. Props for checking a blog that hasn't been updated in well over 6 months. It's like you knew. I'm planning to send out an update and let people know I'm (kinda) back. Just posting nothing but unauthorized downloads, 24-7. Of course, everyone should buy these albums.

 

Blogger Rob said ... (4/11/2007 9:14 PM) : 

Dude it is the beauty of RSS. I got you on my Bloglines so you cannot hide from me. Plus I am all about unauthorized downloads, so Deep Fat is my new favorite blog...

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger