Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Hüsker Dü: New Day Rising

So I started linking each album covers to the corresponding All Music Guide review, so you guys can read a piece of writing by someone who has an editor, and actually gets paid to do it.

My thoughts on this album: yeah, it's heavy, but not in the usual thick, chunky, metal way. Nor does it sound as sloppy and carefree as a hardcore punk record (not that I've heard too many of those). There aren't a lot of peaks and valleys, but more of a sustained fury... with pop sensibilities! I don't have them all, but some people say this is Hüsker Dü's best album.

LINK: Hüsker Dü: New Day Rising

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Hüsker Dü: New Day Rising"

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger