Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Revenge of the Friday list

Our new place is steps from the McDonalds on Western and Armitage. I walk by it every day on my way to the train. Two more McDonalds clog my route to work, making it even more difficult to pass unappetized. When counted roundtrip that's a total of six McDonalds on an average day.

Top 5 McDonald's Menu Items:

5. Chicken McNuggets
4. Big Mac
3. Sausage, Egg & Chee Biscuit
2. McDonald's Coke***
1. French Fries

Honerable mention goes to two deals: (1) Two apple pies for $1 and (2) Double cheeseburger for $1, which is actually $0.05 cheaper than a single chee. Dishonerable W.T.F. awards go out to the Filet O'Fish and the McRib. I can't believe McD's had the audacity to toss out a double Filet O'Fish.

*** Here are some interesting theories on why McDonald's fountain Coke is so much more delicious than any other Coke form. Theories seem to boil down to a few common points:
  • Wider straws offer increased flow creating the illusion of better taste
  • McD's has higher maintenence standards for their machines and clean them more often
  • McD's sells a lot of Coke, therefore the syrup is always very fresh.
As for my own thoery, I've been told from a friend who worked 4+ years at McD's that they have a special cooling system for their syrup which heightens the quality of the taste. In my opinion Coke probably created a special formula, exclusive to McDonald's. One thing's for sure, that's some good-ass Coke!

Comments on "Revenge of the Friday list"

 

Blogger Mike H. said ... (7/07/2006 8:34 AM) : 

I could not agree more, except for your whole hating coke thing.

Still, what proof do you have that Coke has created this special, tastalicious blend?

 

Blogger haahnster said ... (7/07/2006 3:30 PM) : 

I worked at McD's when I was 16 (1986). The remarkable thing to me has been the change in menu item SIZES. You hint at it with your reference to the *double* Filet o' Fish...ridiculous gluttony, to be sure. Back then, there was no such thing.

Fries came in 2 sizes: Regular (the little bag now called "child size", and currently served in Happy Meals), and Large (the smallest of the red cardboard containers, now called "medium", I believe).

Drinks came in two sizes: 16 oz (now "small") and 22 oz (now called "medium").

Also, I agree that it's hilarious that they get by with charging *more* for a cheeseburger than a double-cheeseburger. Temptations to over-consume still abound...regardless of elimination of "Super Size".

Bottom line, though, is DAMN, I loves me some McDonald's food...including McRibs!!!

 

Blogger AC said ... (7/10/2006 8:27 PM) : 

McDonald's destroys minds not just bodies. It must be said that only because I walked by it twice a day, (and uh drunkeness) did I decide to try to something other than breakfast. And I still regret it. My mind has learned from my body and McD's is a no. Arby's is about the only possible fast food that is allowed. Almost as good as the taco flavored kisses I get from J-Lo late late night around the corner.

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger