Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Summer Photo Blowout

Outside of First Avenue in Minneapolis. Lots of cool bands have played here.


The docks just outside the University of Madison's student union. I love that people were swimming in the lake and sunset while there was a live band and half the town drinking a few feet away. Madison is a great town.


Hanging with Megan's friend Claudio, at her high school reunion. Anyone ever seen MTV Mexico? Claudio is a VJ there. Don't you think he looks like a VJ. I look like a midwestern kid taking photos outside a bar.


The swings at the Peoria fair actually had tandem seats. I've never seen that before. To me, the swings are clearly the only spinning ride at the fair that is in any way rideable.


At the Decemberists show at Pritzer Pavilion. They played with a full orchestra. A full orchestra people. It was free too. Free. But it rained. Rained.


John and I in the shade at Pitchfork this year. Forget about the music altogether -- Pitchfork fest is the most well-run ticket ever. Lots of Porto-Potties (last year they were literally called "Drop Zones"), cheap beer and short lines, $1 waters, plenty of shade, plus they don't oversell it (though this year they were pushing it). It's the most fan-friendly festival out there.


Meg and I waiting for Cool Kids to get the party started.


I went up to Maine to visit family and got to go out on this sweet lobster boat. I often thought to myself, "I am aboard the Forrest Gump boat right now, " even though Forrest caught shrimp.


My first real rock climbing experience, aside from the fake walls. The cliffs along the coast in Acadia National Park are amazing. If you climb, you really need to check in to Maine.


Teaching my dad and step mom the time-honored tradition of flippy cup.

Labels:

Comments on "Summer Photo Blowout"

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger