Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Radiohead Comes out Today


Just a reminder that the new Radiohead album, In Rainbows, is available for download as of today. Yes, you can still pay whatever you want for it. To access the tracks, sign up for Radiohead's W.A.S.T.E. email list to receive a link to the download site (I don't have mine yet, so I guess that means be patient).

Early buzz is that it's more OK Computer than Kid A, and of course, great. (Though I wouldn't expect bad reviews to come from anyone over at Stereogum.) Happy listening.

UPDATE: It looks like you might be able to go to www.InRainbows.com to download it, but I can't even get the page to load, so I can't verify. Maybe the server activity will cool down tonight long enough for me to jump on and get that mother.

In the meantime, I'm shitting myself with excitement to listen to this. Unfortunately I have to go play in my euchre league so it's going to be at least 10pm before I get back, track it down and listen.

Labels: ,

Comments on "New Radiohead Comes out Today"

 

Blogger Rob said ... (10/11/2007 8:24 AM) : 

I am in the same position as you, I got home late last night and barely had time to form a first impression. It sounded very gentle, almost wispy to me. Thom Yorke's voice is still gorgeous. But I am going to do my serious listening to it tonight.

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger