Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Old Song: "I'm Awake"

More shit alert -- coming 2-fast, 2-furious. Here's a track I recorded using a the programs Reason and Sony Acid. The keys, drums and bass are all synth sounds, but the rest is real stuff. Ideally, it would be great if I had the patience to flesh out every song to this degree, but what you hear here probably took a good 4-5 hrs to cut, so it's tough.

Anyway, this song is about lying awake and realizing the person next to you is clearly going through an "out there" dream. You know this because they're mumbling incoherently, and just kind of lie there and wonder. We'll be fascinated by dreaming forever, and I'll bet mankind never figures out the science behind it.



More coming soon. I'll post something more rockin' next time.

Labels:

Comments on "Old Song: "I'm Awake""

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger