Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Friday, July 28, 2006

I am getting so hot, I'm gun' take my ironic t-shirt off

What the hell are these festival promoters thinking scheduling their multi-day events in the middle of the damn summer? Weather.com is showing highs of 91 on Saturday and 93 on Sunday for this weekends Pitchfork fest. Those who hit Lollapalooza last year will recall the brutal 100-degree heat. Dealing with this kind of heat all day for 2-3 straight days just sucks all the fun out and turns what could be an awesome experience in to a chore.

Couldn't they hold these things when the weather is a little more forgiving -- say May or maybe September?

Comments on "I am getting so hot, I'm gun' take my ironic t-shirt off"

 

Blogger Alison said ... (7/28/2006 1:22 PM) : 

What happened to the MS paint scene? Now I feel like I'm in Danny's, and it's way too early for that.

 

Blogger Mike H. said ... (7/29/2006 9:21 AM) : 

Yes, but festivals is also typically held on weekends.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/30/2006 8:17 AM) : 

Ohlson was partying with Ted Leo last night. Ohlson's fiancée's sister is friends with TL. I guess Ohlson just about busts one every time he sees the guy.

TL is playing the Emerson in Indy next week.

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger