Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Instrumental: "Bob Ed"

Here's a tune I was working on a while back, and , well, I basically forgot how to play it. That means its finished unless I sit down and try to figure it out again. The song was untitled, but I've decided to call it "Bob Ed".

The story with that name stems from a conversation about bad two-name names -- someone mentioned they had once met a fellow named Bob Ed. This was recently, but I can't place the story in any additional context (sorry). Maybe Megan can remember.



You have your standard computer-generated beat that loops throughout. I add a little synth riffing, some piano and harmonica. There's also a meaningless little vocal thing at the end. That's about it, but I still like it. I'd really like to do more with this one if I could just remember which sounds I used... and of course, the notes.

Labels:

Comments on "Instrumental: "Bob Ed""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/01/2007 7:16 AM) : 

keep posted the tracks. i'm enjoying what i'm hearing.

 

Blogger Rob said ... (12/01/2007 9:15 PM) : 

Oh this is a good one, very much the smoothed-out mellow moods of Mike Hicks. I like that harmonica bit very well.

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger