Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ron White, Published Author

Say what you will about the Blue Collar Comedy Tour (examples might include: "This blows," and/or "Who thinks this sh*t is funny?"), but I believe Ron White is a man of blunt honesty, and such qualities just aren't as valued as they should be in America. For instance, this question and answer from a recent interview:
[USA Today]: Before we go, maybe we should talk about the book for a second. Why exactly did you write it? Did someone tell you to do it, or is this something you thought about doing for awhile?

[White]: I did it for the money. The publishers put up a ton of money to get me to do it, and I also had an arrangement where I had to put no effort into it whatsoever. They illustrated my act ... I threw in some road stories about my drug days, and days where things weren't going so good, it turned into a book-shaped product that I haven't read. I just hope the people that do buy it enjoy it. It seems overpriced to me, but if you want it, there it is.
It takes serious integrity to admit that you have no integrity. The whole interview is pretty solid -- give it a look see.

Comments on "Ron White, Published Author"

 

Blogger AC said ... (8/10/2006 2:43 PM) : 

I have to agree with the "this blows" aspect of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour...EXCEPT for Ron White. That guy far and away steals the show and it is obvious. He's definitely an hilarious individual.

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger