Here's a short list of artists I've been listening to over the last week or so. Click for additional stats on what else I like lately.

On the upstairs porch, at the Mansion on Judges Hill, Austin, TX, 11/9/07. Lonestar beer is the local swill, and is comparable to a Pabst, Stroh's, etc.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I Told a Lie to My Heart

Thanks to everyone for checking back and listening to these tunes when they have time.

Here's another offering, this one is a cover of a relatively obscure Hank Williams Sr. song. In fact, the only recording I know of this tune is a posthumous one where Willie Nelson recorded his accompaniment over the top of the track (a la "Unforgettable" with Nat and Natalie King Cole). Some quick research reveals that the original is available on the Complete Hank Williams set. If you don't own any Hank Williams, then shame on you. I would put him in the Top 3 American songwriters of all time (with Bob Dylan and Duke Ellington).

Anyway, I love this song a lot, and here's the version I recorded tonight.

Labels:

Comments on "I Told a Lie to My Heart"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/04/2007 11:54 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Big Benjamin said ... (12/08/2007 9:55 AM) : 

Shame on me, but who needs Hank when they we have Hicks?

 

post a comment
This blog hosts original music and recordings by Mike Hicks.
Click here to access all of the the songs that have been posted thus far. Please feel free to comment, or email me.

Powered by Blogger